Recipe by emcglone1979
I can't remember where I got this recipe. The tarragon is a good addition. This is weekend comfort food for us on a cold winter day.
Top Review by mama smurf
Cut this recipe down for DH and I and followed the instructions. I really enjoyed this with the tarragon (which I used less). This was fast and easy and one that we will use again. Thank you for posting. Made for Fall PAC 2012 tag game.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 lb chicken, cooked and cubed
- 1 cup egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon tarragon
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a pot.
- Chop vegetables and add to pot in order.
- Add bay leaf, salt, and pepper.
- Add stock and bring to a boil.
- Add chicken, bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add noodles and boil until tender.
- Add parsley and tarragon, to taste. Amounts above are just a recommendation.