Recipe by Bekah49036
Perfect on a COLD winter's day. Soup doesn't have to take all day to taste great. This is easy enough to prepare after working all day and still tastes homemade.
Top Review by happynana
Great Soup. We enjoyed this soup for dinner tonight. I did boil my chicken separately and shred and added in after vegetables cooked. I thought I had egg noodles but did not and hand to use pasta on hand. Next time I would add some red pepper flakes to give it some zing. The broth was very good. Thanks Bekah. Made for Spring PAC 2009.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 (32 ounce) boxes chicken stock
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (I like Cambell's Healthy Request)
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles
- 3 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in large pot. Add onions, salt, pepper, garlic, cumin and sage. Saute until tender.
- Add flour, stirring for approximately 1 minute
- Add celery, carrot, chicken, stock and water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover. Simmer for approximately 20 minutes until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender.
- Mix in cream of chicken soup and egg noodles.
- Return to a boil and cook until noodles are done.
- Serve with crusty bread. ENJOY!