Perfect on a COLD winter's day. Soup doesn't have to take all day to taste great. This is easy enough to prepare after working all day and still tastes homemade.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 (32 ounce) boxes chicken stock
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (I like Cambell's Healthy Request)
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles
- 3 cups water
- Melt butter in large pot. Add onions, salt, pepper, garlic, cumin and sage. Saute until tender.
- Add flour, stirring for approximately 1 minute
- Add celery, carrot, chicken, stock and water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover. Simmer for approximately 20 minutes until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender.
- Mix in cream of chicken soup and egg noodles.
- Return to a boil and cook until noodles are done.
- Serve with crusty bread. ENJOY!
Great Soup. We enjoyed this soup for dinner tonight. I did boil my chicken separately and shred and added in after vegetables cooked. I thought I had egg noodles but did not and hand to use pasta on hand. Next time I would add some red pepper flakes to give it some zing. The broth was very good. Thanks Bekah. Made for Spring PAC 2009.
Thank you Bekah for a really good and slightly different take on chicken noodlesoup. I was real pleased with the taste of this recipe and the only addition I had to make (this is purely preference) was to add salt. Otherwise followed your recipe as written. Perfect soup for a cold winters day here in Michigan.