Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe I created after we had an oven roasted chicken and I wanted to use up all the leftovers.
- leftover chicken, and only big bones
- 8 cups water
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 celery, stalked chopped
- 2 cups frozen broccoli (or any mixed frozen veggies)
- chicken bovril powder (if needed)
- From the roasting pan that the chicken was cooked in, pour the drippings into the stockpot.
- Add all ingredients to pot and bring to a boil.
- Taste test and check to see if you need to add more salt.
- When it starts to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour or more.
- Pour soup over cooked egg noodles and serve.