Recipe by invictus
Yep, another recipe but I think this one is a little different. It is fast and easy and it has lemon pepper seasoning in it and I love lemon pepper so I had to post. I made this the day after Thanksgiving this year with turkey and it was delicious.
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken, cut up
- 3 1⁄2 quarts water
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 bay leaves
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 2 cups sliced celery, with leafy green tops
- 2 1⁄2 cups uncooked egg noodles (I just buy the bag)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1⁄3 cup cooking sherry
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves (or 1/2 tsp. dried)
- seasoning salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- For the stock: add all ingredients to a soup pot. Cook until chicken is tender, about 35 to 45 minutes. Remove chicken from pot and set aside to cool. Remove and discard bay leaves and onion. You should have approximately 3 quarts of stock. When chicken is cool enough to touch, pick bones clean, discarding bones, skin, and cartilage. Set chicken aside.
- For the soup: bring stock back to a boil, add carrots, and cook for 3 minutes. Add celery and continue to cook for 5 to 10 minutes. Add egg noodles and cook according to directions on package. When noodles are done, add chicken, mushrooms, parsley, sherry and rosemary. Cook for another 2 minutes. Adjust seasoning, if needed, by adding seasoning salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes and serve.