Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Yet another recipe for this traditional soup - this one gets the TICK fron the National Heart Foundation
- Brown diced chicken in 1/2 tbsp oil.
- Set aside.
- Add remaining oil to pot and cook onion for 2 minutes.
- Add celery and carrots - cook 4 minutes.
- Add stock and bring to boil.
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile cover noodles with boiling water.
- Let stand 5 minutes - drain.
- Add corn,chicken and noodles to pot.
- Simmer further 5 minutes and serve.
- For a spicier version add chilli or coriander.
We love chicken soup and this one is super easy and quick. I pouched chicken fillets first in chicken broth than cut it up into small pieces set it a side and added to the soup at the end. I didn't have noodles on hand so used small shape pasta and add little bit of baby pea. Thank you Katew for delicious soup. Made for February Au/New Zealand recipe swap 2012.
I was going to make half the recipe but after reading others' reviews I made the recipe as posted for lunch and now have lunch for tomorrow too. Thanks for posting kate. Made this yummy soup for a cold and snowy February day for Everyday Is A Holiday.
Very yummy! I did add extra broth, since I like my soup a little "soupier"! I needed something to loosen up my head (we have alot of pollen right now!), and this fit the bill. Thanks for sharing your recipe!