Recipe by katew
Yet another recipe for this traditional soup - this one gets the TICK fron the National Heart Foundation
Top Review by Hanka
We love chicken soup and this one is super easy and quick. I pouched chicken fillets first in chicken broth than cut it up into small pieces set it a side and added to the soup at the end. I didn't have noodles on hand so used small shape pasta and add little bit of baby pea. Thank you Katew for delicious soup. Made for February Au/New Zealand recipe swap 2012.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 400 g chicken fillets, diced
- 2 brown onions, finely diced
- 2 stalks celery, finely dicd
- 2 large carrots, finely diced
- 1 liter reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 100 g egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown diced chicken in 1/2 tbsp oil.
- Set aside.
- Add remaining oil to pot and cook onion for 2 minutes.
- Add celery and carrots - cook 4 minutes.
- Add stock and bring to boil.
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile cover noodles with boiling water.
- Let stand 5 minutes - drain.
- Add corn,chicken and noodles to pot.
- Simmer further 5 minutes and serve.
- For a spicier version add chilli or coriander.