Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
Barefoot Contessa Family Style
Make and share this Chicken Noodle Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 whole chicken breast, bone in, skin on
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 quarts homemade chicken stock
- 1 cup celery, medium diced
- 1 cup carrot, medium diced
- 2 cups wide egg noodles
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the chicken breast on a sheet pan and rub the skin with olive oil. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until cooked through. When cool enough to handle, remove the meat from the bones, discard the skin and shred or dice the chicken meat.
- Bring the chicken stock to a simmer in a large pot and add the celery, carrots and noodles. Simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes, until noodles are cooked.
- Add the cooked chicken meat and parsley and heat through.
- Season to taste and serve.
Wonderful flavor! I added extra carrots because my kids like them. I didn't have any fresh parsley but I bet it would have only added to the flavor. My son said this was "delicious" and I have to agree.