Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This chicken noodle soup is great on a cool day.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 (32 ounce) containersand 1 can chicken broth (14 ounce)
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 2 cups cooked chicken (3 frozen breasts)
- Melt butter in large pot.
- Sauté the celery, carrot and onion for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add thyme, poultry seasoning, chicken broth and bouilion.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add noodles and chicken and cook on low for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
This was my very first time making chicken noodle soup. And I want to thank you Inez for such a simple recipe. It was delicious we all had 2 bowls. Made this for DH as he is recovering from surgery and he said it was just perfect! My DD wanted some for luch today too. Thanks again for the delicious, easy recipe!!
I've also found that if you add a can of evaporated milk when you add your chicken and noodles, it thickens the soup up and makes it nice and tasty.
This was my first time cooking homemade chicken soup as well, a delicious, easy recipe. I only had 3 cans of broth; I added one can of water, added a little more boullion. I also used orzo rather than egg noodles. I think I put too much orzo in; as the orzo expanded the broth decreased, so I added about about 3/4 of chicken stock. Thanks for a great recipe, Inez!