Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Old Fashioned Chicken Noodle Soup
- 8 cups water
- 4 chicken thighs
- 4 large carrots
- 5 celery ribs
- 1 medium onion
- 1 pinch each salt and pepper
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- boil water and chicken together.
- add diced vegetables and onion.
- flavor with salt and pepper to taste.
- combine egg, milk, and half tsp of salt thoroughly. add cup of flour or until dough is firm. roll thin and slice. add noodles to soup and boil until firm but soft.
- serve over homemade mashed potatoes.