Recipe by KittyKitty
This recipe came from a Southern Living cookbook. It was so perfect the way the cookbook said to make it, that I kept it just that way.
Top Review by HammyDee
Made this for my family of 6- will need to double the batch next time! Used 2 bone-in skin on chicken breasts and cut up meat from 1 for the soup (plenty!) and chopped up and froze the second one for a pot pie later in the week. I also added chopped celery with the carrots and onion. Y-U-M-M-Y!
- 1360.77-1814.36 g broiler-fryer chickens
- 1892.72-2365.9 ml water
- 1 bay leaf
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 6.16 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 1.23 ml dried basil
- 0.59 ml celery seed
- 0.59 ml garlic powder
- 4 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 236.59 ml uncooked fine egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a large Dutch oven. Bring to aboil, cover, reduce heat and simmer 1/2 hours or until tender. remove chicken from broth, discard bay leaf. remove skin, bone chicken, and dice meat; set aside.
- Add carrot and onion to broth; cover and simmer 30 minutes. Add chicken and noodles, cook an additional 15 minutes.