Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Delicious and easy to make.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 quarts water
- 1 (16 ounce) bagmixed peas and carrots
- 2 cups celery, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 large baking potatoes, skinned and cut into squares
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon monosodium glutamate (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 cups cooked thin egg noodles
- Bring chicken, onion, and celery to a boil in a 4-quart Dutch oven.
- Add salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder.
- Cover and simmer until chicken is done.
- Skim fat if necessary.
- Remove chicken from broth; cool slightly and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Set aside.
- Add peas and carrot mix, potatoes and cornstarch.
- Cook until potatoes are fork tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add chicken and noodles to broth; sprinkle with monosodium glutemate and sugar cook about 5 minutes.
This is the best chicken Noodle Soup I ever made. MMMMMMMMMMMMMM good