1/1 Photo of Chicken & Noodle Slaw
Sydney Mike's Note:
This Asian-style slaw is a meld of many flavors & has a bit of a crunch as well! With the chicken it becomes more than just a satisfying side dish! Preparation time does not include time needed to shred the cabbage & carrot, nor the time taken to chop the chicken. Time that could be cut back by purchasing a pre-packaged cabbage-&-carrot coleslaw & using previously cooked, chopped & frozen chicken. The time also does not include the 4-8 hours for the slaw to chill. NOTE: On June 2011, I edited the recipe to include a 2nd can of mandarin orange segments, make the peanuts optional, AND increase the servings from 8 to 12-14.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE SLAW
- 1 medium head of cabbage, sliced thin & slightly chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled & shredded (or a 1-pound bag of prepared coleslaw instead of the cabbage & carrot)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, shredded (about 1 lb)
- 2 (2 7/8 ounce) packages low-fat oriental-flavor ramen noodle soup mix (reserve the 2 packets of seasoning to use in the dressing)
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can pitted black olives, sliced
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1/3 cup roasted peanuts (optional)
FOR THE DRESSING
- 1FOR THE SLAW ~ Somewhat crush the noodles in their clear cellophane envelopes, then make sure larger clumps are separated.
- 2In a large bowl, combine the cabbage & carrot OR USE A 1-POUND BAG OF PREPARED COLESLAW, the shredded meat, ramen noodle, water chestnuts, onions, olives & orange segments, then set aside.
- 3FOR THE DRESSING ~ In a small bowl, whisk together both seasoning packets, vinegar, vegetable oil, sugar, salt & pepper.
- 4Pour this over the slaw, & toss to coat.
- 5In another small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise & milk, then carefully stir into the slaw.
- 6Cover & refrigerate at least 4 hours (& preferably overnight) before serving.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken & Noodle Slaw
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.6
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 15.4 mg
- Sodium 201.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat oriental-flavor ramen noodle soup mix
white wine vinegar