Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From a cookbook called "Vienna '72" Cook Book compiled by Canyon High School Band Parents Association.
- 1 (10 ounce) package egg noodles
- 1⁄2 lb sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 cup salad dressing
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pimiento, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, grated
- 1 cup boiled chicken, chopped
- salt and pepper
- garlic salt
- Cook noodles according to directions on package.
- Rinse in cold water and chill.
- Combine all ingredients, toss lightly with fork, season to taste.
- Serve in a lettuce bowl if you want or alone.
Interesting. DH loved it. Don't think I've ever made a salad using egg noodles before and I used egg yolk free extra wide ones. We're not normally salad dressing people, but do have it in the house for one of our DSIL's, we've been mayo folks almost since birth....but this works! I added some frozen, thawed sweet peas for color. Will be making this again, thanks for opening my eyes to new possibilities!!!!