Recipe by Rhazz
A delicious potato bake, to have as a meal, or a side serve. Great for BBQ's.
Top Review by Montana Heart Song
This was ok. I used cream of chicken soup and scattered precooked bacon pieces on top on half of the dish (recipe stated bacon but no amounts given)375* for 1 hour. I used grated pepper jack cheese on top. Great side dish with chicken or fish.
- 5 large potatoes, thinly sliced
- 160 g chicken noodle soup mix
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 500 ml light cream, Thickened
- 250 g bacon, finely diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and slice potatoes.
- Layer into a baking dish.
- Mix soup mix, onion, bacon, crushed garlic and cream over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Pour heated cream mix over potatoes.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 1 - 1.5 hours or until potatoes are soft.
- Garnish with Grated Cheese (Parmesan is nice) and Chives if Desired.