Recipe by Wineaux
If anybody has a cookbook called Weird and Delicious, this recipe can surely fit in! I got this from the Uncle Phaedrus, Finder of Lost Recipes website. The tomato juice can actually be a bloody Mary - your choice!
- 5 cups Bisquick
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box Jell-O instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 110 1⁄2 ounces Campbell's chicken noodle soup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 (10 ounce) packageof thawed Green Giant frozen spinach
- 1 teaspoon yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Note: Must use a mixer or an electric drill with a wide blade attachment.
- Pound Cake: Combine the spinach, yeast, brown sugar, and Bisquick with the.
- mixer set on "Low" in a large bowl. Gently spoon the noodles and chicken.
- into the batter. Be careful not to break the noodles! Pour the mixture.
- into a bread pan and sprinkle cinnamon on top. Cover the pan with a damp.
- towel and let the batter rise approximately 20 minutes. Place the pan into.
- the preheated oven and bake until golden brownish-green.
- Icing: Strain the broth from the chicken noodle soup into a container and.
- mix in the Jello Instant Pistachio Pudding. Stir until creamy. Chill for.
- 45 minutes.
- Pour the icing over the cake as it cools. Serve with small cups of tomato.
- NOTE: Prep time includes 20 minute rising time.