Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
From "The Great Minnesota Hot Dish" cookbook. Serve with salad and buttered bread.
Make and share this Chicken Noodle Hot Dish recipe from Food.com.
- 3 3⁄4 cups wide egg noodles, uncooked
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 3⁄4 cups whole milk (I'm sure low fat milk will be fine)
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 10 ounces frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 tablespoon minced yellow onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cook noodles according to package directions but less 3 minutes cooking time; drain.
- In a saucepan, mix together soup and milk; stir and cook until hot.
- Add remaining ingredients, including noodles; mix.
- Spoon mixture into a 2-quart baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees about 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Sprinkle top with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
This was a great dish but a bit blah for our taste. To jazz it up I incorporated green beans and carrots with the broccoli and also added a packet of italian seasoning.
this was pretty good...next time i would probably add a little more milk so the dish comes out creamier! yum