Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
From "The Great Minnesota Hot Dish" cookbook. Serve with salad and buttered bread.
Make and share this Chicken Noodle Hot Dish recipe from Food.com.
- 3 3⁄4 cups wide egg noodles, uncooked
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 3⁄4 cups whole milk (I'm sure low fat milk will be fine)
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 10 ounces frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 tablespoon minced yellow onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cook noodles according to package directions but less 3 minutes cooking time; drain.
- In a saucepan, mix together soup and milk; stir and cook until hot.
- Add remaining ingredients, including noodles; mix.
- Spoon mixture into a 2-quart baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees about 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Sprinkle top with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
This was a great dish but a bit blah for our taste. To jazz it up I incorporated green beans and carrots with the broccoli and also added a packet of italian seasoning.
this was pretty good...next time i would probably add a little more milk so the dish comes out creamier! yum