1 hr 29 mins
1 hr 19 mins
This yummy stick to your ribs soup is sure to please even the pickiest eaters in your family.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 chicken legs
- 4 chicken wings (remove wing tips)
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 small parsnip, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 small carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small onion, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- parsley flakes, for garnish
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 2/3 cup 10% cream
- 2 cups egg noodles
- 1In a large soup pot, put chicken pieces, broth, parsnips, carrots, celery, onions and salt and pepper. Add water to cover chicken, if necessary.
- 2Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour. Add frozen peas.
- 3Mix Bisquick and cream together. Drop by spoonfuls onto boiling soup. Reduce heat, cook for 10 minutes, uncovered. Cover and cook 10 minutes more or until dumplings are done.
- 4Meanwhile, cook 2 cups egg noodles in boiling, salted water 8-10 minutes or to desired doneness. Drain.
- 5Remove dumplings to a plate with a slotted spoon. In each soup bowl, place some of the noodles. Top with 2 pieces of the chicken and some of the soup. Add 2 dumplings to each bowl and garnish with parsley, if desired.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Noodle & Dumpling Soup
Serving Size: 1 (514 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 868.3
- Calories from Fat 398
- Total Fat 44.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 208.5 mg
- Sodium 1229.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 51.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: