Recipe by weekend cooker
Full of vegetables, noodles, and chicken. Topped off with melted butter, cornflake crumbs, and shredded cheddar cheese.
Top Review by ellie_
This was very easy and pretty good comfort food without a lot of calories/fat. Changes I made -- instead of using 1/2 red and 1/2 green bell pepper I just used 1 red bell pepper. As I couldn't find the alfredo sauce mentioned (which was probably healthier than regular alfredo sauce by the way) I used regular alfredo and 1 pkg of sun-dried tomatoes. I also didn't have any cornflakes, so used 1 cup bread crumbs (panko) and skipped the butter and cheese. Simple but good! Thanks for sharing!
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 3 cups chicken breasts, cooked, and cubed
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) jar sun-dried tomato alfredo sauce
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 (8 ounce) package medium egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup corn flakes, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, or large saucepan combine the first 5 ingredients through and including margargarine, and saute for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add chicken, mushrooms, alfredo sauce, cream, salt, chicken bouillon, and noodles, and mix well.
- Pour into a buttered 3 quart baking dish.
- Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake uncovered at 325 degrees for 20 minutes or until casserole is bubbly around edges.