Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
Very Good!! Very Good!! Yum Yum!!! Cooking time includes cooking noodles.
- 4 ounces wide egg noodles
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (5 ounce) canboned chopped chicken (or may cook and chop 2/3 cup chicken meat)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup croutons or 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- Cook noodles as directed on package; drain.
- Combine soup and milk, chicken and cheese and heat to a boil.
- Add salt and noodles; stir together.
- Place in a buttered 1-1/2 quart casserole.
- Top with croutons or bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
This is great comfort food. It really hit the spot on this rainy day. I followed your instructions exactly using the canned chicken and herb croutons. So easy and so tasty! Thanks again Darlene, for yet ANOTHER great recipe. You really have some good ones posted.
The family liked this. Didn't add the salt until the table and would use herbs next time with plain breadcrumbs. Thank you for making meal time different!
This was very tasty and fairly easy to make. I did not have breadcrumbs so I topped my casserole with crushed up Cheez-Its. Even DH liked it and he's very hard to please. I'll definitely be making it again. Thanks for posting!