Recipe by PamMal
Another "go to" recipe for me - the kids love it. I often assemble the night before and have one of my kids or the hubby put it in the oven the next day. I used Reams Golden Ribbons frozen egg noodles. The milk measurement is an estimate since I usually just pour some in. You can also add buttered croutons or breadcrumbs to this just before putting it in the oven. For the make ahead crowd - I often cook the chicken up over the weekend, cool and put in the freezer with the bag of egg noodles.
Top Review by looneytunesfan
This was good but it definatly could use a little more seasoning. I added some garlic powder to it when I added the salt & pepper and it still needed something. I will make this again but I think I will add a little bit more seasoning to it. Thank you!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups chicken, cubed
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg noodles, frozen
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions. Drain.
- Melt butter in frying pan. Add cubed chicken, salt and pepper. Saute until brown and completly cooked. I always brown this up quite a bit otherwise the casserole can be bland.
- Coat casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Combine ingredients. You may top with buttered croutons or breadcrumbs if desired.
- Bake covered at 350 for 45 minutes. If using croutons or breadcrumbs remove cover when there are approx 10 minutes left to bake.