Recipe by alisha.mills
Kind of like Tuna Noodle but with easy diced chicken breast. I don't like creamed soups or cornstarch so this is sort-of the old fashioned way. So warm and yummy!!
Top Review by 906760
Turned out great my husband and myself really enjoyed it. I wanted to also try something different than the traditional cream of chicken. I used a little less than the 1/2 cup of mayonaise, and only used 4 slices of swiss cheese in a diamond pattern across the casserole and still turned out yummy. Thanks for the recipe.
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 -2 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, Shredded
- salt and pepper
- 6 slices swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut up chicken and put in a sprayed 13x9 pan. Top with frozen peas. Place in the oven while preparing the sauce.
- Cook the noodles per package directions.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan. Add diced onion and cook until tender, about 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and cook for about 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Slowly stir in the chicken stock.
- Add the Sour Cream, Mayo, and Milk. I like this combination to make the dinner a little tangy. You could use all milk or any combination you like. Cook to thicken. If you use mostly Sour Cream and Mayo it won't take long at all.
- Turn off the heat and add the cheddar, salt and Pepper. Stir to combine and set aside to let the cheese melt.
- Pull the chicken/peas mixture out of the oven and stir.
- Add the cooked noodles and stir.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken mixture and gently stir to combine.
- Cover with 6 slices of cheese.
- Return pan to the oven and bake for 30 minutes.