Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Simple comfort food. Can be assembled ahead of time and baked later. Use leftover chicken, turkey or pork.
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Mix soup, milk, pepper, Parmesan, vegetables, chicken and noodles in a 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. Stir.
- Top with cheddar cheese; bake 5 minutes more.
My mom made a very similar recipe to this growing up and always loved it. All I do is add a little bit of sour cream to the mix just to give it some tang. Yummy!
I saw this recipe in a Reader's Digest magazine and knew I would most likely find it here on Zaar. This casserole was very easy to put together and is pure comfort food. This was a hit with my kids and I look forward to making it again, and experimenting with different types of veggies.