Recipe by Swan Valley Tammi
I sampled a different recipe the other night, but had to substitute so many of the ingredients that I decided it wasn't really the same casserole anymore! This tastes very similar to my Turkey/Chicken Pot Pie With Herbed Dumpling Crust, but without all the fuss of making a crust. (cooking time doesn't include cooking chicken or boiling pasta)
- 59.16 ml margarine, divided
- 44.37 ml flour
- 4.92 ml dried thyme
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 236.59 ml milk
- 473.18 ml diced cooked chicken
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.59 ml black pepper
- 709.77 ml cooked pasta (I like to use tri-colour rotini)
- 236.59 ml frozen mixed vegetables (or veggie of your choice)
- 14.79-29.58 ml dry breadcrumbs
- 14.79-29.58 ml grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons margarine over medium heat. Whisk in flour and seasonings. Cook for 1 minute.
- Gradually stir in broth and milk, stirring until boiling and thickened.
- Stir in chicken, pasta, and frozen veggies.
- Pour into a greased 3 quart casserole dish.
- In a small microwaveable container, melt remaining tablespoons of margarine. Add breadcrumbs and mix well.
- Sprinkle over top of casserole and then top with parmesan cheese. (With these 2 things, I usually don't measure very carefully. You can never have too much buttery crunch on top of a casserole!).
- Bake @ 400F for 20-25 minutes.