Swan Valley Tammi's Note:
I sampled a different recipe the other night, but had to substitute so many of the ingredients that I decided it wasn't really the same casserole anymore! This tastes very similar to my Turkey/Chicken Pot Pie With Herbed Dumpling Crust, but without all the fuss of making a crust. (cooking time doesn't include cooking chicken or boiling pasta)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups cooked pasta (I like to use tri-colour rotini)
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables (or veggie of your choice)
- 1 -2 tablespoon dry breadcrumbs
- 1 -2 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1In a large saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons margarine over medium heat. Whisk in flour and seasonings. Cook for 1 minute.
- 2Gradually stir in broth and milk, stirring until boiling and thickened.
- 3Stir in chicken, pasta, and frozen veggies.
- 4Pour into a greased 3 quart casserole dish.
- 5In a small microwaveable container, melt remaining tablespoons of margarine. Add breadcrumbs and mix well.
- 6Sprinkle over top of casserole and then top with parmesan cheese. (With these 2 things, I usually don't measure very carefully. You can never have too much buttery crunch on top of a casserole!).
- 7Bake @ 400F for 20-25 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Noodle Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 313.3
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 41.4 mg
- Sodium 406.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 17.9 g