Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this off a frugal website. The family loves it!
- 2 (6 ounce) cans chicken breasts, packed in juice, drained and flaked
- 1 (12 ounce) package wide egg noodles, drained
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup milk or 1⁄3 cup water or 1⁄3 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- salt & pepper
- 16 Ritz crackers, crushed finely
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook noodles according to package directions, draining noodles 1 minute before fully cooked.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, both cans of soup, cheese, soy sauce, milk (or stock or water), garlic and onion powder and season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Carefully fold in noodles.
- Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish and pour noodle mixture into dish.
- Mix melted butter and cracker crumbs and sprinkle over noodle mixture.
Made this yesterday but used velveeta because thats what I had. My first reaction was "not bad". The more I ate the better it was. Family enjoyed it also. Would probaly be even better with chedder. Will make again.
very very good