Recipe by ChristiC.
My mom used to make this when I was younger. My favorite was always the toasted seasoned bread on top. It's really good to use up leftover chicken or turkey.
Top Review by sparkle_eyes
This was fine, but not exceptional. It took longer to make than I was hoping. Mine was too salty for my taste and I even left out the salt. I think it was because I used Chinese chicken boullion, which is extra salty, so you might not have that problem. I also over seasoned the bread crumbs (the key word is "lightly"!). I had to cover it while it was baking so it didn't get burned on top, but that could just be my small oven. But, I ate and enjoyed the leftovers--it was a very simple comfort food!
- 1 cup macaroni or 8 ounces any noodles
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup canned milk (can use regular milk)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups cooked chicken or 4 cups turkey
- 4 slices sandwich bread, buttered, sprinkled lightly with
- lemon pepper, and
- seasoning salt
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook noodles and drain.
- Melt butter in saucepan, stir in chicken broth, milk, and salt.
- Cook until thick, stirring constantly.
- In a 2 ½ qt baking dish, mix chicken and noodles and pour sauce on top.
- Cut buttered bread into cubes and put on top.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for an hour (bubbles and bread is toasted).