Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
My mom used to make this when I was younger. My favorite was always the toasted seasoned bread on top. It's really good to use up leftover chicken or turkey.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook noodles and drain.
- Melt butter in saucepan, stir in chicken broth, milk, and salt.
- Cook until thick, stirring constantly.
- In a 2 ½ qt baking dish, mix chicken and noodles and pour sauce on top.
- Cut buttered bread into cubes and put on top.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for an hour (bubbles and bread is toasted).
This was fine, but not exceptional. It took longer to make than I was hoping. Mine was too salty for my taste and I even left out the salt. I think it was because I used Chinese chicken boullion, which is extra salty, so you might not have that problem. I also over seasoned the bread crumbs (the key word is "lightly"!). I had to cover it while it was baking so it didn't get burned on top, but that could just be my small oven. But, I ate and enjoyed the leftovers--it was a very simple comfort food!