Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy to make and delicious. Serve with a salad and garlic bread. Reheats well. Another recipe from my Aunt Sylvia, the best cook.
- 3 -4 cups cooked chicken, cut up
- 1⁄2 lb medium noodles, cooked
- 2 large onions, chopped and sauteed
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup or 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 (3 ounce) canchopped mixed mushrooms (optional)
- buttered bread crumbs or corn, flake crumbs
- Mix onions with noodles. Add chicken and seasonings.
- Add soup and mix well.
- Put mixture in greased 2 quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle buttered bread crumbs or corn flake crumbs over top.
- Cover and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour. Uncover 10 minutes before done and let brown.
This is an AWESOME recipe! I added a tsp of garlic to the onion mixture but otherwise followed the recipe. Thanks for sharing!
I was planning on making this when my husband took over the kitchen. So, I just gave him a print out of your recipe. It turned out really good. Even our 27 yr. old daughter who usually turns her nose up at casseroles liked it. I plan on making it again and saving some to take to my mother and brother when we go see them. This is a keeper. Thanks for posting it.