1/2 Photos of Chicken Noodle Bake
This recipe uses no crust. You could if you want to though. It's a comfort food that will warm you innards up! You can add most anything to it. The mushrooms you can use fresh or canned. I like the fresh. Seasonings are to taste. Try more or different seasonings too! Try a different cheese. Try adding some left over ham or crumbled bacon to the dish too. Note: 15 minutes of the cook time is included in the cooking time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces dry egg noodles
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups carrots, sliced thin
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans heart healthy cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can mushrooms
- 3 cups chicken or 3 cups turkey, cubed and cooked
- 3/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 (4 ounce) cans green chilies (any heat)
- garlic powder
- 1Cook noodles in boiling water until done and drain.
- 2In large skillet, saute carrots, celery, and onions till tender.
- 3Stir in soups, milk, and cheese.
- 4Cook, stirring constantly until cheese is melted.
- 5In a large bowl, mix noodles. cheese sauce mixture, mushrooms, chicken, sauted vegetables, and seasonings (to taste).
- 6Pour into a sprayed 3 quart (or 13 X 9) baking pan and even out.
- 7Sprinkle with bread crumbs over the top.
- 8Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until hot.
- 9Serve with hot rolls.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Noodle Bake
Serving Size: 1 (326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 575.7
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 90.5 mg
- Sodium 1130.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 26.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: