Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe in an old Cooking Light magazine. It freezes well and is easy to reheat. This is a big hit with my family.
- 1 cup 1% fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup light cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 6 cooked lasagna noodles
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Beat at high speed until well blended.
- Stir in the onion, bell pepper and 1/4 cup chopped parsley.
- Set aside.
- Melt the margarine in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the flour and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly with a wire whisk.
- Gradually add milk and broth, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook 3 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Stir in poultry seasoning, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Arrange 3 noodles in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish coating with cooking spray.
- Top with 1/2 of the cottage cheese mixture, 1/2 the chicken and 1/2 of the sauce.
- Repeat layers ending with the sauce.
- Combine bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons parsley and paprika.
- Sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake uncovered in a 375-degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
I have made this recipe since it was printed in Cooking Light and is one of my favorites. If I don't have time to roast a whole chicken, I buy a rotisserie chicken from the store. I think the flavor is better than boneless, skinless chicken. Fresh parsley gives this recipe a nice flavor. Thanks for posting!
This recipe definitely gave me some good ideas, but was a bit plain for us. It was quite rich with the cream cheese, sour cream and mayo with nothing but the noodles and chicken to balance it out. I think it needed some veggies in there...maybe broccoli and/or mushrooms. The sauce was excellent...I was expecting more of an alfredo type flavor, but it was more like a gravy. I am going to play around with this because it is definitely worth making again. Please see my rating system. Thanks for sharing.