Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy recipe from Better Homes and Gardens Quick and Easy Diet Recipes.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 stalk celery
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1 dash poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup fine noodles
- In a large saucepan bring broth to boiling.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice carrot and celery.
- Cut chicken into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Add carrot, celery, chicken, rosemary, basil and poultry seasoninmg to broth; return mixture to boiling.
- When broth boils, reduce heat. Add noodles. Cover and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and noodles are tender.
I had three chicken breasts to use so I tripled this recipe. The soup had a slow cooked flavor that we enjoyed but the rosemary was a little overwhelming for us. If you enjoy rosemary and increase this recipe use the full amount otherwise add a little bit at a time. Simmered for about 30 minutes, added kluski noodles, then served. Made and reviewed for KC's Cooking with Herbs and Spices Tag - September ROSEMARY.