Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
So easy for that cold winter's night. So very easy to make. I have also used left over chicken for this recipe. Fresh noodle's could also be used instead of dried, but you must cut them for using.
- 1 large chicken breast, diced
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 celery rib, finely diced
- 1 liter chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup udon noodles, dried and broken into shorter pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 (420 g) creamed corn
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped for garnish (optional)
- Saute chicken in a small non-stick pan. When chicken is browned, add soy sauce to pan with chicken and simmer for 1 minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a separate pan, add the carrot and celery to the stock plus 1 cup of water. add broken noodles and add.
- When the noodles are almost cooked add peas and spring onion.
- When noodles and vegetables are cooked, add the creamed corn plus the chicken with the soy sauce.
- Stir and serve immediately.
My udon noodles were actually sba when I got them out of the pantry but that's OK and I was in a hurry and broke up the whole packet and added them in but that was OK too. I used leftover chicken and home made stock and we thought this soup was excellent thanks Tis !