Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The "No Marsala" comes from...don't have to use it. Use any dry white for this recipe. This recipe is in my top 10 of all time favorites. The combo of these ingredients creates amazing flavor! Serve stacked on mashed potatoes.
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves, cut in half lengthwise
- 3 egg whites, beaten with
- 29.58 ml water
- salt & pepper
- 44.37 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 56.69 g pancetta, chopped
- 14.79 ml minced shallot
- 226.79 g baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 236.59 ml dry white wine
- 236.59 ml chicken stock
- 118.29 ml heavy cream, divided
- 170.09 g fontina, grated
- Oven 350.
- Season 1 cup flour with salt and pepper. Dip chicken in beaten egg whites then dredge in flour. Heat 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet (non stick if you have one) med-high heat -- Brown chicken 2-3 min ea side.
- Place chicken in baking dish and put in oven to finish cooking while you make the sauce.
- Sauté pancetta in same pan 1 minute.
- Add shallots sauté 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms sauté 1 minute.
- Add wine, reduce by half.
- Add stock, reduce by half.
- Add 1/4 cup cream, reduce by half.
- Add remaining 1/4 cup cream and salt/pepper. Add chicken back to pan. Top with fontina and serve.