Recipe by HotMitts
The "No Marsala" comes from...don't have to use it. Use any dry white for this recipe. This recipe is in my top 10 of all time favorites. The combo of these ingredients creates amazing flavor! Serve stacked on mashed potatoes.
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves, cut in half lengthwise
- 3 egg whites, beaten with
- 2 tablespoons water
- salt & pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces pancetta, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream, divided
- 6 ounces fontina, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Oven 350.
- Season 1 cup flour with salt and pepper. Dip chicken in beaten egg whites then dredge in flour. Heat 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet (non stick if you have one) med-high heat -- Brown chicken 2-3 min ea side.
- Place chicken in baking dish and put in oven to finish cooking while you make the sauce.
- Sauté pancetta in same pan 1 minute.
- Add shallots sauté 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms sauté 1 minute.
- Add wine, reduce by half.
- Add stock, reduce by half.
- Add 1/4 cup cream, reduce by half.
- Add remaining 1/4 cup cream and salt/pepper. Add chicken back to pan. Top with fontina and serve.