The "No Marsala" comes from...don't have to use it. Use any dry white for this recipe. This recipe is in my top 10 of all time favorites. The combo of these ingredients creates amazing flavor! Serve stacked on mashed potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves, cut in half lengthwise
- 3 egg whites, beaten with
- 2 tablespoons water
- salt & pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces pancetta, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, divided
- 6 ounces fontina, grated
- 1Oven 350.
- 2Season 1 cup flour with salt and pepper. Dip chicken in beaten egg whites then dredge in flour. Heat 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet (non stick if you have one) med-high heat -- Brown chicken 2-3 min ea side.
- 3Place chicken in baking dish and put in oven to finish cooking while you make the sauce.
- 4Sauté pancetta in same pan 1 minute.
- 5Add shallots sauté 1 minute.
- 6Add mushrooms sauté 1 minute.
- 7Add wine, reduce by half.
- 8Add stock, reduce by half.
- 9Add 1/4 cup cream, reduce by half.
- 10Add remaining 1/4 cup cream and salt/pepper. Add chicken back to pan. Top with fontina and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken No Marsala
Serving Size: 1 (390 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 649.1
- Calories from Fat 387
- Total Fat 43.0 g
- Saturated Fat 18.8 g
- Cholesterol 174.6 mg
- Sodium 559.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 46.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: