Recipe by luvcook'n
A la nicoise is a French phrase that means "as prepared in Nice", typifying the cuisine found in and around Nice. A nicoise salad typically contains tuna which can be substituted for the chicken in this recipe.
Top Review by FLKeysJen
Love, love this dressing! It's tough to find really good salad dressings that don't have sweetener. I used 1/2 cup safflower oil instead of the 2/3 cup. In my grocery store, the Bibb lettuce is labeled as Boston lettuce - thought I would mention that in case someone else also can't find it.
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup tarragon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped OR
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 4 medium new potatoes, cut into quarters
- 10 ounces green beans
- 6 cups bibb lettuce, bite-size pieces
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut up
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, cut into wedges
- 1⁄4 cup pitted whole ripe olives
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare Dijon Vinaigrette.
- Place potatoes and enough water to cover in 2 qt saucepan.
- Heat to boiling.
- Cook over medium heat 10 - 15 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender.
- Stir in green beans.
- Cook 5 minutes longer; drain.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Arrange lettuce on large serving platter.
- Top with chicken.
- Arrange potatoes, beans, tomatoes, eggs and olives around edge of platter.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette.