Recipe by Tea Jenny
This was a recipe that I found in out Sunday supplement I've not made it yet but I think it would be nice for a leisurely lunch on a sunny day with a nice cold glass of wine. Posted for ZWT#6 2010
Top Review by Annacia
I made this a couple of days after Christmas and loved every bite of it but, somehow, totally forgot to review it. I made a half recipe and it came out a perfect 2 serving size. For the oliver I used the Linsey Brand jumbo blacks that were Christmas leftovers like the chicken was. The flavors all pair beautifully and the "tomatoes on the Vine" that I used were almost as good as summer's tomatoes. The dressing is wonderful and would be great on almost anything, I loved that it wasn't sweetened at all. This will be showing up again as a perfect summer dinner.
- 125 g green beans
- 4 eggs
- 250 g of leftover cooked chicken
- 1 romaine lettuce
- 12 good quality olives
- 4 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coarse grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- cook the green beans in boiling water for two minutes drain and refresh under running cold water.
- Boil the eggs for 8 minutes drain and leave under running water for 2 minutes peel away the shells and half the eggs.
- Tear the chicken and lettuce into chunky pieces and place in a bowl with the beans, eggs, olives and tomatoes, and mix together carefully.
- Whisk the balsamic vinegar, oil and mustard together and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Drizzle over the salad and mix gently together. Sprinkle over the parsley, and serve.