Recipe by Veghead
From the July 2008 Williams-Sonoma catalog. Kalamata olives can be substituted. I also added red and green bell pepper slices.
- 1 roasting chicken, cut into serving pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 yellow squash, quartered and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 3 teaspoons tarragon, chopped
- 5 plum tomatoes, seeded and quartered
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, pitted
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Warm oil, In a 5 1/2 quart dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add Chicken; brown on all sides, about 7 minutes total. Transfer chicken to plate.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add onion; cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes more. Add squash, wine, 2 tbs parsley and 2 tsp tarragon. Cook, stirring occasionally, until squash is soft but not browned, about 4 minutes.
- Return chicken to pan; add tomatoes, olives and stock. Bring to a gentle simmer; reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through, 25-30 minutes. Stir in 1 tbs parsley and teaspoons tarragon. Serve immediately.