Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Similar to lobster Newburg, but with a twist! A tarragon-wine sauce with subtle hints of lemon coats chicken and avocado. Serve over rice, egg noodles, or puff pastry shells.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 lb chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- Saute onion in oil for about 3 minutes. Stir in the flour, salt, ground pepper, tarragon, chicken broth and milk and cook until the mixture thickens, stirring constantly.
- Blend in the egg yolk, then the lemon juice, sherry and bell pepper. Add the chicken pieces to the mixture. Cook until chicken is heated through, about 5 minutes. Stir in the avocado.
- Serve over rice, egg noodles, or my favorite, puff pastry shells.
This sauce is really lovely, a nice creamy taste & really simple to put together. My avocado was a little worse for wear when I opened it so I left that out but otherwise made as directed. A keeper, thanks!