Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is from 365 One Dish Meals. Crock pot!
Make and share this Chicken New Orleans recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (1 ounce) packages bearnaise sauce mix
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 shallots, minced
- 1 lb cooked ham, cut in 1 inch chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 lb red potatoes, cut in 1/2 inch cubes
- 9 ounces frozen artichokes, halves thawed
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders
- Turn crock pot on high while preparing ingredients.
- In crock pot, mix together both packages of bearnaise sauce mix, wine, tarragon, turmeric and garlic powder until well blended.
- Add shallots, ham, red pepper, potatoes artichokes and chicken. Stir gently.
- Cover, reduce heat setting to low and cook 6 hours.
I really loved the flavor of this dish. But I had to make a few adjustments to make it visually appealing to my kids. I just made some rottini pasta, scooped the dish ontop of it, and added a little bernaise sauce on top. They liked it. Never said anything about the Artickoke! I thought it was strange that the only liquid was the wine, so I perpared the bernaise sauce according to the package directions before I put it in the crockpot. But it ended up a little soupy, and looked like it curdeled a bit. Of course this may have been my fault. I think if I make this again, I may pan cook the chicken, add the spices, peppers, shallots, and artichoke. Then deglaze with the wine, then add the ham, and top with the bernaise sauce. (leave out the potatoes)And put ontop of rice or pasta. I have got to say that I LOVED the flavor of this dish! But it just wasn't appealing to the eye coming out of the crock pot. Thanks for the flavor combination!