Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
An easy and tasty dinner served over noodles, this moist chicken with a flavorful sauce sure to please, received from Taste of Home on line and my family loves it. My DH made this for us and insisted on cutting the chicken into chunks to speed cooking time and that worked good for us
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) canscondensed tomato bisque soup, undiluted
- 3⁄4 cup red wine or 3⁄4 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- hot cooked noodles or rice
- sliced ripe olives and minced fresh parsley (optional)
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken, uncovered, over medium-high heat in oil for 8-9 minutes.
- Turn chicken; add the onion, garlic and mushrooms. Cook 8 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reaches 170°.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove four chicken breast halves and half of the vegetables to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the soup, wine, basil and oregano; pour half over chicken in skillet.
- Cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve over noodles. Garnish with olives and parsley if desired.
- Pour remaining soup mixture over chicken in baking dish.
- Cover and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen chicken: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Serve over noodles. Garnish with olives and parsley if desired.