Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a rather guessed out recipe. There is a restaurant near my house called Hector and Jimmy's where they make The Super Chicken Nacho which takes up about 1.5 feet by 1.5 feet and serves about 4 people...So I figured I'd take my best shot at it with a few modifications of my own.
- 453.59-907.18 g chicken breast, if you like a lot of meat use 2 (Can use ground beef too, directions are the same)
- 42.52 g package Ortega taco seasoning
- 425.24 g bagtostitos restaurant style corn chips
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 226.79 g bagof shredded cheddar cheese
- 158.51 ml water
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 9.85 ml cayenne pepper (optional)
- 226.79 g sour cream (optional)
- 453.59 g salsa (optional)
- 170.09 g shredded lettuce (optional)
- 113.39 g sliced olives (optional)
- Pour the 2 tablespoons vegetable oil into a frying pan and heat on medium heat for 2 minutes or until pan is warm.
- Add Chicken breasts to pan and add salt and pepper to your taste, cook chicken thoroughly so there is no pink in the middle of the breast.
- Once the chicken is thoroughly cooked preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and cut the breasts into very small chunks.
- Optional Step: Once they are in small chunks if you want a better appearances, take to forks and stick the tines of one fork into the the other fork so they form an X shape over each piece of chicken and then spread the forks apart, this should basically'shred' the chicken into tiny little strips.
- Once your chicken is cut/shredded place the chicken back into the frying pan (still on medium) and let it warm again, once the pan is warm stir in the package of taco seasoning with 2/3 cups of water (as directed by the package).
- If you like hot nachos, put in some cayenne pepper (to taste) as well, careful though, it gets spicy quick.
- While the excess water is boiling off of the pan layer a cookie sheet with Tostitos (I also put a layer of aluminum foil under the chips so that all the extra melted cheese doesn't stick to the pan and create a huge hassle to clean later).
- Once your pan is layered with chips, spread half the bag of chedder cheese onto the chips.
- Now take the chicken out of the pan and layer it over the chips evenly.
- Next put the rest of the bag of cheese over the nachos.
- Now place this in the oven for up to 10 minutes, it might take less, just take it out when the cheese is melted.
- Now feel free to add whatever you like to your nachos, in my case it is all the ingredients above that are listed as optional, this should make a great appetizer or even a full meal, kids seem to love it.
We made this for the Superbowl and loved it! The chicken really was nice and spicy and it was super easy to make. This recipe is a keeper, thank you!
I am always looking for easy things to make for movie nights. This fits the bill. Easy and yummy. Thanks!