This is a rather guessed out recipe. There is a restaurant near my house called Hector and Jimmy's where they make The Super Chicken Nacho which takes up about 1.5 feet by 1.5 feet and serves about 4 people...So I figured I'd take my best shot at it with a few modifications of my own.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -2 lb chicken breast, if you like a lot of meat use 2 (Can use ground beef too, directions are the same)
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package Ortega taco seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) bag tostitos restaurant style corn chips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (8 ounce) bag of shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup water
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper (optional)
- 8 ounces sour cream (optional)
- 16 ounces salsa (optional)
- 6 ounces shredded lettuce (optional)
- 4 ounces sliced olives (optional)
- 1Pour the 2 tablespoons vegetable oil into a frying pan and heat on medium heat for 2 minutes or until pan is warm.
- 2Add Chicken breasts to pan and add salt and pepper to your taste, cook chicken thoroughly so there is no pink in the middle of the breast.
- 3Once the chicken is thoroughly cooked preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- 4Remove the chicken from the pan and cut the breasts into very small chunks.
- 5Optional Step: Once they are in small chunks if you want a better appearances, take to forks and stick the tines of one fork into the the other fork so they form an X shape over each piece of chicken and then spread the forks apart, this should basically'shred' the chicken into tiny little strips.
- 6Once your chicken is cut/shredded place the chicken back into the frying pan (still on medium) and let it warm again, once the pan is warm stir in the package of taco seasoning with 2/3 cups of water (as directed by the package).
- 7If you like hot nachos, put in some cayenne pepper (to taste) as well, careful though, it gets spicy quick.
- 8While the excess water is boiling off of the pan layer a cookie sheet with Tostitos (I also put a layer of aluminum foil under the chips so that all the extra melted cheese doesn't stick to the pan and create a huge hassle to clean later).
- 9Once your pan is layered with chips, spread half the bag of chedder cheese onto the chips.
- 10Now take the chicken out of the pan and layer it over the chips evenly.
- 11Next put the rest of the bag of cheese over the nachos.
- 12Now place this in the oven for up to 10 minutes, it might take less, just take it out when the cheese is melted.
- 13Now feel free to add whatever you like to your nachos, in my case it is all the ingredients above that are listed as optional, this should make a great appetizer or even a full meal, kids seem to love it.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Nachos (spicy)
Serving Size: 1 (569 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1034.5
- Calories from Fat 596
- Total Fat 66.2 g
- Saturated Fat 19.7 g
- Cholesterol 132.1 mg
- Sodium 1079.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 44.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Ortega taco seasoning