Prep 2 mins
Cook 3 mins
Simple enough for a snack, hearty enough for a light meal. Fire up the broiler if you're making enough for the family or tuck it into the toaster oven to save on energy for 1 or two. The recipe is sized for one person but can be expanded infinitely. Since you cook on a square of aluminum foil clean-up is easy -- no need to scrub cheese off your plates.
- 12 -15 tortilla chips
- 1⁄4 cup shredded chicken
- 3 tablespoons medium salsa (or other preferred salsa)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese or 1⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- black olives (optional)
- jalapeno, rings (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- Arrange tortilla chips on a square of aluminum foil so that they overlap slightly in a compact circle.
- Top with chicken, salsa, optional olives or jalapenos, and preferred cheese.
- Broil 3-5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Serve with optional sour cream if desired.
I think this recipe is okay, me, and the wife didnt think it was that good... But my kids loved the recipe... I added La Victoria, for more color...
When we get tired of regular nachos or tacos, this is the recipe we turn to. Use leftover chicken from another meal and you have yourself a really quick dinner. Also very easy for each person to personalize with what toppings they like. The aluminum foil also makes clean-up a snap! Thank you for sharing!