Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This looks like a quick and easy meal to put together that is a little bit different and probably kid friendly depending how spicy you go with the salsa. I originally found this recipe in the Autumn 2008 copy of BBC Easy Cook magazine.
- 1 1⁄2 ounces tortilla chips
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 7 ounces salsa, as spicy as you want
- 5 fluid ounces sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Crush the tortilla chips.
- Put the chicken breasts on a non-stick baking tray, season, then slash each breast 2 times with a knife.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of salsa on top of each, then 1 tablespoon sour cream.
- Sprinkle the chips over the chicken and then cover with cheese.
- Roast for 15 to 20 minutes until the topping is golden and melting and the chicken is cooked all the way through.