Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A simple dish that's low in saturated fat and cholesterol,and still big on taste!
Make and share this Chicken Naan Pockets recipe from Food.com.
- 4 small naan bread, breads or 4 small pita breads
- 3 tablespoons low fat natural yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 1 lb chicken, boneless and skinless, cubed (I use breasts)
- Cut into the middle of each naan to make a pocket and set aside.
- Mix together the next 7 ingredients and then pour over the chicken and leave to marinade for about an hour.
- When ready to cook the chicken,preheat the grill to very hot,then lower the heat to medium.Place the chicken in a flameproof dish and grill for about 15-20 mins,until tender and cooked through,turning the chicken a couple of times (you can baste with a little sunflower oil if you feel it necessary).
- Remove from the grill and fill each naan with chicken.I also add shredded lettuce,red onion rings and cherry tomato halves,but feel free to do your own thing!
My husband is from India, and he swoons over these! It's the only dish he has EVER asked me to make again and again. This and the fish tacos from this site have him googley eyed. Thank you for making me look like a hero!
I discovered that I'm a little clumsy at cutting pockets, but it didn't take away from the taste!!! Very easy to prepare, DH really enjoyed this slightly different supper, something I need to do more often! I used shredded lettuce, sliced tomatoes and cucumbers, I think cherry tomatoes would be a better idea for both presentation and easier to handle, but tomato is definitely a good accompaniment to these pockets! Thanks Noo, very good and much enjoyed, made for PRMR recipe tag game
My 16 year old ADORED these pockets, but I definitely defer any credit for the photo to the tomatoes. They just showed up and I let them do their thing. Made for PRMR.