Recipe by Noo
A simple dish that's low in saturated fat and cholesterol,and still big on taste!
Top Review by Rani.Samy
My husband is from India, and he swoons over these! It's the only dish he has EVER asked me to make again and again. This and the fish tacos from this site have him googley eyed. Thank you for making me look like a hero!
- 4 small naan bread, breads or 4 small pita breads
- 3 tablespoons low fat natural yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 1 lb chicken, boneless and skinless, cubed (I use breasts)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut into the middle of each naan to make a pocket and set aside.
- Mix together the next 7 ingredients and then pour over the chicken and leave to marinade for about an hour.
- When ready to cook the chicken,preheat the grill to very hot,then lower the heat to medium.Place the chicken in a flameproof dish and grill for about 15-20 mins,until tender and cooked through,turning the chicken a couple of times (you can baste with a little sunflower oil if you feel it necessary).
- Remove from the grill and fill each naan with chicken.I also add shredded lettuce,red onion rings and cherry tomato halves,but feel free to do your own thing!