Recipe by Suzanne S.
Lots of ingredients, but easily found in your grocery store. Add or eliminate a few to make it your own!
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened and cut into chunks
- 1 cup broth
- dried basil and oregano
- salt & pepper
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 16 ounces ziti pasta, cooked and drained
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup parmensan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute' onions, pepper and garlic in oil in Dutch oven over medium heat for 8-10 minutes. Add mushrooms and parsley and cook 2 minutes. Add soup, cream cheese, broth, spices, stirring until cream cheese is melted. Stir in chicken and cottage cheese and mix well. In 3 quart baking dish, layer 1/2 of ziti, 1/2 of sauce and all of cheddar. Repeat. Sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese and paprka. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes.