Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This recipe has been adapted from #110503 (Thanks to ChefAndy!)----- it was an amazing soup! My family enjoyed it this way the best, so I thought I would share with everyone! ENJOY! Recipe is easily halved. You can leave out the chicken and use vegetable stock for a vegetarian meal.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large white onions, chopped in 1/2-inch pieces
- 6 stalks celery, chopped in 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic cloves
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, 1/2 inch dice
- 6 (14 1/2 ounce) cans low sodium chicken broth (or 12 cups homemade)
- 1⁄2 lb carrot, chopped in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 small purple cabbage, shredded
- 2 small zucchini, diced
- 2 small yellow squash, diced
- 1 (28 ounce) canof petite diced tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup picante sauce (this is not salsa )
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Heat olive oil in LARGE soup pot over medium high heat. (this makes about 6 quarts of soup)
- Saute onions, celery, garlic and chicken in olive oil until veggies are tender.
- Add in remaining vegetables and chicken broth, stir well to combine.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add remaining 7 ingedients and stir to combine.
- Simmer over low heat for 3 hours.