Recipe by Julie in TX
This is a recipe that I adopted. I love anything stir fried. I like spicy stir fried and this recipe is easily spiced up to satisfy individual tastes with the addition of red pepper flakes.
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast (Chicken breasts should be cut into thin strips.)
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli floret
- 2 ounces snow peas (About 1/2 C)
- 1 medium carrot, Thinly Sliced
- 1⁄2 medium red peppers (cut into thin strips) or 1⁄2 medium green pepper (cut into thin strips)
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger, Ground
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar or 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- rice, Hot Cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, heat oil and cook chicken with vegetables over medium- high heat, stirring constantly. 10 minutes or until chicken is golden and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Thoroughly blend golden onion recipe soup mix, cornstarch, ginger, water, soy sauce and vinegar; stir into chicken mixture.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer uncovered t minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Serve over hot rice and garnish, if desired, with sliced green onion and toasted sesame seeds.
- MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS:
- Omit oil and degrease ginger to 1/4 t.
- In 2-quart casserole, heat chicken, uncovered, at HIGH (Full Power) 4 minutes or until almost done; remove chicken and drain.
- Add vegetables to casserole and heat uncovered 5 minutes at HIGH (Full Power).
- Thoroughly blend golden onion soup mix, cornstarch, ginger, water, soy sauce and vinegar; stir into vegetables.
- Heat uncovered 5 minutes on HIGH (Full Power) or until sauce is thickened, stirring once.
- Return chicken to casserole and heat 1 minute or until heated through.
- Let stand covered 5 minutes.
- Serve and garnish as above.