Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Used for our SLMealSwapping group. Mini Thanksgiving in a casserole. Easy to make.
- 3 cups cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 11 ounces cream of mushroom soup or 1 1⁄2 cups chicken flavored white sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces canned mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup boiling water
- 8 ounces prepared stuffing
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- Assembly: Mix together soup, chicken, sour cream and mushrooms if using. Place in a 2-quart baking dish (or 8x8 or 9x9 is fine too). Mix stuffing with margarine and boiling water. Place stuffing over chicken, covering well.
- Storing: Cover with foil or place dish in a freezer bag. Seal, label and freeze.
- Serving: Thaw and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes until bubbly around edges.
- Notes: Add the sour cream first. Then the mushroom soup, only add as much soup as you feel it needs to be good and saucy. Recipe might call for too much sauce.