1/1 Photo of Chicken 'n' Spinach Pasta Bake
1 hr 15 mins
Cottage Living Magazine, 02/2007 issue. We liked this casserole because it had all of the daily requirements(???)and it tasted oh so good! It felt very nice going down.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces uncooked rigatoni pasta or 8 ounces penne rigate or 8 ounces conchiglie or 8 ounces gemelli pasta or 8 ounces fusilli
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced button mushroom cap
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed (optional)
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts (we used a rotisserie chicken from the store)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes (we used Muir Glen)
- 8 ounces chive & onion cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- 2Prepare rigatoni according to package directions, when ready drain and save about 1/4 cup of cooking water (in case you need it to thin out the sauce).
- 3Meanwhile, spread oil on bottom of an 11"x7" baking dish; add onion & mushrooms, if using, in a single layer.
- 4Bake for 15 minutes or just until tender.
- 5Transfer onion & mushrooms to a large bowl, and set aside.
- 6Drain chopped spinach well, pressing between layers of paper towels.
- 7Stir rigatoni or other pasta, spinach, chicken, and next 5 ingredients(starting with tomatoes through the peppers - if using the red pepper flakes) into onion & mushrooms in bowl.
- 8Spoon mixture into baking dish, and sprinkle evenly with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- 9Bake, covered, for 30 minutes; uncover and bake 15 more minutes or until bubbly.
- 10Serve with a nice salad and warm bread or bread sticks!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken 'n' Spinach Pasta Bake
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 550.3
- Calories from Fat 260
- Total Fat 28.9 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 154.4 mg
- Sodium 688.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 36.2 g